"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, February 23, 2009

Quiltology

One of the places Vicki, Hubby and I went on our trip to Chicago yesterday was Quiltology, which is, as far as I know, the only quilt shop within the Chicago city limits. I've wanted to go for some time, but it's not easy for a suburban girl to get to! It was a lot easier to get there since we were already in the city, though.

I loved it! They sell fabrics that you do not see in the 'burbs, which is really a shame! The quilt shops out here are nice, don't get me wrong, but they all seem to carry the same stuff (except Quilt In Joy. She carries some of the newer, more modern stuff!). This place was completely different from anything I've ever seen!
I had never seen or even heard of Patricia Bravo before yesterday. And I love her fabrics!
These are from her "Revive" collection.

These are a mix of Amy Butler and Patricia Bravo. I thought they were fun! I also picked up a Blue Underground pattern called "Modern Thinking". It's fabulous! And easy, which is a bonus...
:)
Quiltology also carries Joel Dewberry, Kaffe Fassett, and they have a great selection of batiks! They have lots of Minkie, and they carry solids from Benartex that feel so nice- they're not stiff like a lot of other solids are.
Today I am quilting! I am almost done quilting one quilt, and I plan to get the next one on the machine and quilted today as well. I need to get some of my UFO's done and off my mind- and off my list- so I can dive into these fun new fabrics!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to leave a comment yesterday but Blogger was misbehaving. They are fasntastic fabrics! It sounds like a terrific shop - how do you show restraint in a place like that? I am looking forward to seeing the projects inspired by these lovely pieces.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Hubby was with me, and while he does not by any means limit what I can buy, I tend to be more furgal when he is around! Also the knowledge I had to carry what I bought around Chicago was helpful in keeping the purchases down! ~ Jennie

    ReplyDelete